LINKS – PATIENT INFO CORONAVIRUS
Domestic abuse useful information:
NATIONAL 24 HOUR HELPLINE – 0808 2000 247
MEN’S ADVICE LINE – 0808 8010327
RESPECT – 0808 802 4040
GALOP – 0800 999 5428
General NHS advice
Most patients will be staying at home and social distancing, but for the extremely vulnerable patients you should be self isolating at home and will receive a letter from the NHS.
People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:
- Solid organ transplant recipients.
- People with specific cancers:
- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
- People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
please read the information on the following link:
Pituitary/ adrenal insufficiency (including steroid sick day rules)
Underlying lung disease (British Lung Foundation)
People with Asthma
People with Diabetes
People affected by Stroke
Children/young people T1 diabetes
People with Heart/circulatory disease
Young people with anxiety
Adults with anxiety
People with Rheumatoid Arthritis
People with cancer
People with inflammatory bowel disease
We have also compiled a list of organisations that can offer support and guidance during the coronavirus pandemic: